Oracle 11gR2 & HACMP

From: Manjula Krishnan <oradba.la_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 08:47:54 -0500

Hi:

I have 11.2.0.3 on AIX 6.1 using file systems (dedicated storage). I was planning on using another identical server (with dedicated storage) and use Active Dataguard to failover the databases. There would be some manual work involved in failing over but this would be the easiest to manage.

Our company acquired a NetApp SAN and our engineering folks want me use shared storage for all databases. This will require HACMP.

What do I need to do to move this to HACMP configuration?

I think I have to have the nodes setup, hacmp configured and then do the Oracle install and move the database over? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Manjula