Re: Exception: When others then null !

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 10:48:54 -0700 (PDT)

I don't believe a service request is called for in this case.  The syntax is perfectly legal and as long as it's not throwing any errors from execution Oracle support won't do anything about it.  Is it poor practice to code such exception non-handlers?  Absolutely.  Should it be disallowed?  No, since we cannot regulate common sense.  Obviously it's a useless piece of code (who wouldn't want to know what errors are occurring?) but it isn't a bug or a performance issue so an SR is not the tactic to use here.  As Niall mentioned possibly an enhancement request might be in order. David Fitzjarrell