RE: Virtualbox images for EM 12c, DataGuard, RAC, GoldenGate / run multiple simultaneous OL5 images on Win7?

From: Taylor, Chris David <ChrisDavid.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 08:08:50 -0500

(at the risk of hijacking this thread...)

Well, Oracle server is one of the first software items I install when I upgrade my laptops from time to time. I'm not sure what you define as a "raw Windows 7 Home install" as installing Oracle server would come after installing Windows patches, software updates, driver updates, bios updates, anti-virus etc (none of which are prereqs for installing Oracle of course).

Not sure what you mean about playing with network and group stuff because that involves sharing between computers on the same network. Are you talking about installing Oracle server on Windows 7 Home PC to be used by other PCs on your network? If so, then I could see that being an issue probably. I'm not sure why you would 'want' to do that however.

I am unfamiliar with install workarounds such as 'Run as Batch' and Google wasn't much help so I can't speak to that.

Chris Taylor

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort." -- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

Any views and/or opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ingram Industries, its affiliates, its subsidiaries or its employees.