Re: cron backups on RAC

From: Jeff Thomas <dbmangler_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 15:01:22 -0400

Don -
Started out with the same issue - but we purchased a 3rd party enterprise scheduler called Autosys and I moved the jobs from cron to Autosys. I put the RMAN scripts on a shared
OCFS2 file system and rewrote the scripts so that Autosys can run the RMAN jobs on any node; as Autosys does performs some rudimentary load balancing.

Best,
Jeff