RE: I don't get it... (downloading Oracle patches from support) ?

From: Taylor, Chris David <ChrisDavid.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 09:51:57 -0500

Yes that is large part of it - convenience.

Chris Taylor

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort."
-- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

Any views and/or opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ingram Industries, its affiliates, its subsidiaries or its employees.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Ilmar Kerm Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:43 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 5:34 PM, Taylor, Chris David <ChrisDavid.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com> wrote: > Is it just me (perhaps I'm missing something) but having to download 7 files to get the latest patchset (11.2.0.3 Linux x86-64 in this case) one by one seems inane. Give me 1 (maybe 2) files to download, or at *least* give me a checkbox where it'll download them automatically once the previous download completes. > Frustrating.

All files are for different purposes, documented in the readme. Usually files 1,2 are database and 3 is GI.

--

Ilmar Kerm

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Jun 12 2012 - 09:51:57 CDT

Original text of this message