Re: Result cache hint not being used

From: Chris Dunscombe <cdunscombe_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 09:09:13 +0100 (BST)

Nice informative article but I'm afraid it didn't help. The result_cache hint is used when calling the PL/SQL procs from the command line and the OLS bits work OK. However when calling via the app using a proxy user the hint doesn't appear in the execution plan. Thanks,

Chris

 From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> To: cdunscombe_at_yahoo.com
Cc: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Friday, 8 June 2012, 16:26
Subject: Re: Result cache hint not being used

Does Dom's article on VPD and Result cache help?  http://orastory.wordpress.com/2009/02/19/a-bit-of-vpd-and-a-dollop-of-result-cache/

Just a little bit extra to try to avoid the overquoting sin

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Chris Dunscombe <cdunscombe_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,
>We have a stored procedure with a cursor. This cursor has the result_cache hint.

The app is Oracle App Server 10.1.3 and connects using application connect pools to the database via a proxy user with role information etc coming from OID.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA