Re: VLDB ASM & SAN Striping Question

From: goran bogdanovic <goran00_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 01:02:16 +0200

IMO what you are asking is tied to the functionalities (possibilities) of storage array ... in EMC Clariion it's possible to create a so called 'Single Bound Disk' raid group (RG) which is essentially a JBOD i.e. a single-disk RG (no striping or redundancy). with JBOD you and your SAN admin can then play as you like (almost) ;-) goran