Oracle vs DB2 - SAP.

From: Johnson, William L (TEIS) <"Johnson,>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 09:15:03 -0400

I am just curious whether there are any folks on this list that have a split life. (Yeah - I am sure there are plenty of ways to interpret that comment...) My question is pretty simple. Have any of the folks on this list supported an SAP implementation with Oracle and eventually switched to DB2? I did search the archives and see some exchanges on a similar topic back in October 2009 and some again in 2004.

The whole HP-UX Itanium and Oracle feud combined with SAP's focus on Hana and Sybase seems to be pushing Oracle further down the support stack at SAP.

Does anyone have strong thoughts related to DB2 stacking up against Oracle for SAP that they would like to share on this topic?

IBM seems to have a pretty good story based on TCO, fewer patches than Oracle and performance. Is anyone else tired of applying critical PSUs to their environments every 3 months?

Thanks in advance!
Bill