Re: batch process runs slower and slower over time

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_tanelpoder.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 23:32:47 +0300

DTrace doesn't require root, but some dtrace-specific privs, but root should give these to you....
But yeah, you can just use a pstack look as Riyaj already wroge (note that pstack doestn't see into OS kernel-space) and you can use my os_explain script with this one-liner for basic profiling :-)

solaris01$ *for i in {1..100} ; do pstack 6774 | os_explain -a ; done | sort -r | uniq -c*
 100 ????????

 100     main
 100      opimai_real
 100       sou2o
 100        opidrv
 100         opiodr
 100          opiino
 100           opitsk
 100            ttcpip
 100             opiodr
 100              kpoal8
 100               SELECT FETCH:
 100                GROUP BY SORT: Fetch
 100                 COUNT: Fetch
 100                  NESTED LOOP JOIN: Fetch
 100                   TABLE ACCESS: Fetch
 100                    kdsttgr
  97                     kdstf0100101km
   3                     expeal
  11                      kdstsrp0km
  23                      kdst_fetch
  28                      expeal
  10                      COUNT: Rop
   1                       sskgslcas
   1                       slmxnoop
   2                       qeaeCn1
  19                       ktrget
   1                       ksu_dispatch_tac
   1                       kcbrls
  23                       expepr
   2                       evareo
   5                        yield
   2                        ktrgcm
   1                        kews_timeout
  11                        kcbgtcr
  17                        evareo
   1                         times
   7                         lmebco
   1                         ktrexf
   1                         kcbzgs
   3                         kcbs_simulate
   2                          yield
   1                          kssadf_stage
   1                          kcbsacc
   1                           kssadf_stage_numa