RE: Moving then migrating database

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 14:57:04 +0000

Sandra,

        Was many moons ago that I worked on a database moving from HP-UX/Oracle 9.2 to AIX/Oracle 10.2 and it was in the 1+tb range. My SA at the time came up with bonding a few multiport network cards together and using a dedicated 1GB switch. The datafile move took something like 3 hours using multiple OS process sessions to move them.

Richard Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA TEAM Lead
PAREXEL International
T 978.495.4127

This communication, including any attachments, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential material. Any review, retransmission, distribution or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please destroy any copies, contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.  Thank you.