Re: How to stop data migration jobs after migrating to EM 12c?

From: Kellyn Pot'vin <kellyn.potvin_at_ymail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 12:02:09 -0700 (PDT)

Since there isn't a job migration utility and I know I found a way to migrate the job library which promptly got my hand smacked, I would highly recommend opening an SR and getting Oracle's blessing for the steps to remove these so as not to end up with an unsupported EM12c.. :P
Kellyn Pot'Vin
Senior Technical Consultant
Enkitec
DBAKevlar.com

 From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist2_at_society.servebeer.com> To: Oracle L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Monday, June 4, 2012 12:55 PM
Subject: How to stop data migration jobs after migrating to EM 12c?

Hey all,

I upgraded our EM 10.2 to 12.1.  All of the data migration (accrued and deferred) is completed and signed off and has been for weeks.  Since this was a 2-system upgrade, I then shutdown the EM 10 server and decommissioned it.

Since that shutdown, I've been getting errors on scheduler jobs in the EM 12.1's repository DB.  SYSMAN.MIGRATE_ECM_HISTORY_DATA and SYSMAN.MIGRATE_METRIC_DATA_HISTORY have been failing because the 10.2 repository DB is no longer there.

I've been looking through the install doc, upgrade doc, management doc, and MOS, but I can't find any post-upgrade task about disabling those jobs.  Or, for that matter, removing the DB link to the 10.2 repository.

Of course, I can manually do this, but I'm paranoid that it'll cause other issues.

Thought I'd post here before opening up an SR.

TIA!
Rich

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Jun 04 2012 - 14:02:09 CDT

Original text of this message