Re: Oracle database pro active monitoring and alerting.

From: Sreejith S Nair <sreejithsna_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 18:19:36 +0530

Thank you for the hints

In the database we wish to monitor we have the diagnostics pack license purchased. We use OEM db console on these databases and use AWR, ASH features and data.

In short , suppose I have a database for which I already used to take AWR , OEM db console and such things which come with DP license. Now I installed grid control ( which is free ) and added this database to Grid control for monitoring , do I need to have any other license ?

Regards,
Sreejith
-- Sent from my iPhone

On 03-Jun-2012, at 6:08 PM, D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be> wrote:

Grid control in itself is free, but to be any real use you need to license at least the diagnostic pack for each database you wish to manage / monitor (and probably the tuning pack as well).

Check the licensing guide for more information about the management packs and which functionality of grid control is covered by which license. http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/license.112/e10594/options.htm#CIHGFIAF

The cloud management pack is to manage oracle products in (private) cloud environments. It offers things like self service, chargeback and metering.

Kind regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator