Re: Duplicate for standby fails with ORA-01180

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 18:57:49 -0300

It's interesting but I don't think it's related. We have OMF and set newname is run automatically by RMAN when db_file_name_convert is defined. I am attempting a duplicate from active to see if it can create the datafiles. Anyway, I also think the issue is with the backup file. This resides in a DataDomain DDR, perhaps the file itself is corrupted or it's just an incompatibility with duplicate.

I'll attempt a restore after we're done with this duplicate just to test the backups...

thanks for your answer

Cheers
Alan.-