Re: cursor loops

From: Lyall Barbour <lyallbarbour_at_sanfranmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 13:43:27 -0400

Right.
 So, after the files are written, an End User with Excel and a network mapping to the NFS mount point that Oracle writes out to, runs an Excel "Import" written by one of our Microsoft cats. The import brings in these files and does pivot table stuff and filtering and mappings with a new parameter, in Excel to view this data that can't be seen in our Vendor app running on the Oracle DBMS.  Reason why this comes up at all, our company has purchased a different company that sells a more complex type of steel then we are (and the vendor app) is used to. To see the Inventory for this new division a way that would be useful to them, we needed to bring the information out and have this Microsoft excel programmer that's assigned to this project make the data useful to this new division.

 Lyall