Re: cursor loops

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 08:44:56 -0700

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 8:12 AM, Lyall Barbour <lyallbarbour_at_sanfranmail.com
> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> My developers at our shop have issues with learning new stuff. When i say
> "new", i really mean old... Implicit cursors haven't even been discovered
> by them yet. Anyways, what would be a good way of having a cursor, trying
> to find out if there's anything in it, doing one specific thing if there
> is, then loop and doing same thing over and over?
> Here's current code/way of doing it:
> OPEN inv_data;

You may want to consider external tables and skip a lot of the code. It can be done much simpler with a SQL statement.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com