Re: MView refresh question

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 08:01:27 -0400

[resending due to over quoting in the previous reply, at my age sometimes I forget the 80% limit]
Thanks Sergey,

That is another option, but we probably don't want to wait till modifications info is flushed out of sga. In our business sometimes 5 minutes is like eternity, think about what happened when FacePalm IPO went live few days ago, you get the idea. If we get any new rows, we want to process them asap if we can avoid additional checks.

This is the main reason, I was trying to find out _if_ there is a way to identify any new rows (we don't care about updates) were added during a mview refresh (across a dblink) without doing ANY extra work. Although your solution and one suggested by Ram are among the one that I'll look at next week.

Raj