Are there features on other RDBMS's that it would be good for Oracle to have?

From: Paul Linehan <linehanp_at_tcd.ie>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 05:33:35 +0100

Hi all,

I'm interested in finding out whether posters to this list wish there were features in Oracle that
are available on other systems?

I saw a posting by Jonathan Lewis
(http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2010/02/04/sql-server/) who says there are some MS SQL Server features that he'd like to see. I asked what they
were but he never replied to my post.

For example, Oracle has made a big hooha over getting virtual columns. A db that I have regularly
used (Interbase/Firebird) has had them for decades and there's no doubt but that they're handy.
I still think the Firebird syntax is better - Field Blah IS COMPUTED BY (expression)

Anything similar on other systems that you use that you think would be of benefit for Oracle?

Any ideas, references, URLS, &c. welcome.

Paul...

--

linehanp_at_tcd.ie