Re: RAC 11.2.0.3 on HP-UX itanium (...) installation tips

From: Mindaugas Navickas <mnavickas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 13:32:19 -0700 (PDT)

Dimitre,

I believe all platforms have bug listed on MOS (tell me which does not...). We went throught upgrade path from 11.1.0.7.7 to 11.2.0.3 for GI only (so far not database). To cover all details of the process would be too broad subject on this list. Before installing GI, please do not forget to run "cluvfy stage -pre..."  and make sure output is clean - without errors (HP-UX admin would be your best friend in this situation).  We had some errors, but those were covered by ML note 1051763.1 as ignorable. You situation might vary based on cluster configuration/hardware that you are using,... Also you might consider latest GI patchset 13696251 (PSU 11.2.0.3.2) that is available for HP-UX Itanium
Mike Navickas

From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com> To: William Muriithi <william.muriithi_at_gmail.com> Cc: Mindaugas Navickas <mnavickas_at_yahoo.com>; ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 4:01:55 PM
Subject: Re: RAC 11.2.0.3 on HP-UX itanium (...) installation tips On 25/05/2012 21:51, William Muriithi wrote:

> Dimitre,
> > What makes me feel quite uncomfortable is the fact
> > that I have limited experience with HP-UX and I noticed
> > various bug notes on MOS ...
>
> Curious, is there a reason you have decided to deploy a new project on Itanium now that oracle has announced they have no interest in supporting it?
>
> I would infer these bugs may remain open as the platform has the lowest priority if you read between lines on what has been going on between Oracle and H

I know that (that's why I put those ... in the subject :)) ... Unfortunately I'm not involved in choosing neither the hardware nor the software.

Regards
Dimitre