Re: best way to convert from unix to linux

From: GG <grzegorzof_at_interia.pl>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 18:11:32 +0200

W dniu 2012-05-25 13:14, Dustin Hayden pisze:
> I have a 3TB database that needs to be moved from hp-ux to linux.
> I need to know the fastest way to do this.
> Tried doing a datapump export (parallel 6) and it took over 36 hours which is too long.
> Really need to be able to this is in under 24 hours.
>
> Can anything be done with any kind of replication or rman?
> Keep in mind there is a page layout issue going from unix to linux.
Hi,
  from 11.2.0.3 You can try 'improved TTS' *Reduce Transportable Tablespace Downtime using Cross Platform Incremental Backups [ID 1389592.1]

and I've got couple of notes which can help with TTS: *

NOTE:1166564.1 - Master Note for Transportable Tablespaces (TTS) -- Common Questions and Issues
NOTE:1454872.1 - Transportable Tablespace (TTS) Restrictions and Limitations: Details, Reference, and Version Where Applicable
NOTE:1406586.1 - How to Handle Materialized Views When You Upgrade or Clone a Database

Hope this helps.
Regards
GregG