RE: best way to convert from unix to linux

From: Dustin Hayden <DHayden_at_sprich.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 11:27:15 +0000

That was just for the export.
We are running 11.2
What is goldengate?

Thanks,
Dustin

-----Original Message-----

From: Khan, Arif [mailto:arif.khan_at_bankofamerica.com] Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 7:24 AM
To: TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com; Dustin Hayden Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org; oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: best way to convert from unix to linux

Hi Dustin,

When you say 36 hours - is that pur export timings - or you are doing some sort of manual gzip or tar at the end of it for compression at the end ? 36Hours for a 3TB sounds very poor speed. If I were using 11g on a 3TB db - I would consider using goldengate for a seamless switchover on a go-live date.

Regards,
Arif Khan