Re: SSD on temp or undo tablespace

From: Kevin Jernigan <kevin.jernigan_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 22:47:36 -0700

If you're running Oracle Database 11g Release 2 on Solaris or Oracle Linux, you can use Database Smart Flash Cache to dynamically and transparently extend the Oracle Database buffer cache into flash. This will help address I/O bottlenecks in your storage array(s) without any changes to application code, queries / reports, or data layouts on disk. You can see more info here:

https://blogs.oracle.com/linux/entry/oracle_database_smart_flash_cache_only_on_oracle_linux_and_oracle_solaris

-Kevin J