PUBLIC USER on a physical standby database

From: Robertson Lee - lerobe <Lee.Robertson_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 13:08:18 +0000

Hi,

Red Hat 5.6
Oracle 11gr2

Had a problem the other day with max connections exceeded on a physical standby. It would appear that the PUBLIC username which as far as I know ships the logs over to the physical standby in a DAtaGuard set up had lots of historical connections still sat in the database. (showing as inactive in v$session)....

I managed to clear by shutting down the instance and starting the managed recovery again.

Checked this morning and hey ho....there are 23 inactive sessions from yesterday.

Any clues as to whats going on and what I can do about, I cannot find anything on MOS/google etc etc ??

Regards

Lee