RE: checking for block corruption

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 15:33:12 -0400

Ok, first, 'BACKUP VALIDATE' will *not* actually do a backup: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/backup.102/b14193/toc.htm#sthref34

Based on the error you're seeing, you need to put the backup copy into archivelog mode, to be able to successfully do the test.

Finally, see here:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/backup.102/b14191/rcmconc1.htm#BRADV115

for details of options that should and should not be set for a full validation.

Hope that helps,

-Mark