CamelCase For Procedures Names

From: Jeff Chirco <JChirco_at_innout.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 21:38:30 +0000

I am settling a debate about allowing CamelCase procedure names within a package. For example
Procedure GetOpenProjects()
Or
Procedure get_open_projects()
I am particularly against it and would rather have everything to be lowercase and separated by an underscore but some of my developers, mainly the ones coming from the .Net world prefer it. What are your thoughts? Do you allow it or not? I am the DBA so I have the ultimate decision but I trying to see if I am not being reasonable. In the .Net world it makes sense but in the database world nothing is case sensitive so I don't feel that it is a good use.