OEM12c plugins

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 11:05:15 -0300

Hi list,
  I've been given a deadline to decide whether we stay with 12c or go back to 11g OEM. I'd much rather stay with 12c as it's shiny and new (and honestly seems a lot more stable than 11g) but one of the requirements is the ability to monitor GoldenGate, MySQL, MSSQL, Informix and Progress from OEM. So I have to pick the version that has monitoring plugins that cover most of those requirements.

  Here's my research so far:
From the OEM Extension Exchange:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oem/extensions/index-100685.html

12c

GoldenGate         NO
MySQL              NO
MSSQL              NO
Informix           NO
Progres            NO

11g
GoldenGate         YES (We have a working custom plugin)
MySQL              YES (There is a plugin provided by the pythian group)
MSSQL              YES (actually provided by Oracle!)
Informix           NO (wasn't expecting one anyway)
Progres            NO (lol!)

I tried to search MOS but to no avail... so if anyone knows if there's any plans on the side of Oracle to release plugins to monitor GG, MySQL and MSSQL it would be a very very good thing.

I also tried to find out how to deploy a custom plug in in OEM12c and couldn't find the documentation (and trying clicking around a bit and didn't find a way either).

We don't have the resources to develop a GG plugin for 12c, let alone a mysql and mssql one. It's really a shame that 11g plugins are not supported in 12c. Is there a conversion guide anywhere?

Thanks
Alan.-