RE: Active Oracle user group in Raleigh, North Carolina area?

From: David Mann <dmann99_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 15:58:05 -0400

I am in RTP and would love to see more going on in this area. What I know of:

NCOUG - Burleson backed, have been to a couple of meetings but they seemed to be mostly his consultants/authors brought in to speak. Free pizza though ;) Has been idle for over a year. Meetings are/were during weekdays and held at Cisco campus in RTP.

http://eastcoastoracle.org/ - East Coast Oracle User Conference - Small but affordable local conference held at the Sheraton Imperial in RTP. I work a few steps away from the conference location so I will definitely be hitting it this year.

www.voug.org and Hampton Roads Oracle User Group have some heavy hitter speakers that cycle through, looks like the speaker events are driving distance from RTP area but would probably make for a long day.

That's all I know of right now. I have been toying around with the idea of getting something started as well but haven't found anyone else interested yet. Seems I can't swing a cat without hitting someone that administrates/develops against/can spell Oracle. Even if it was just a monthly lunch-and-learn or something. Feel free to contact me off list if you want to bat around some ideas.

--

Dave Mann
www.brainio.us

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu May 17 2012 - 14:58:05 CDT