Re: Oracle Says Customers Should Draw Their Own Conclusions on Itanium

From: Mindaugas Navickas <mnavickas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 06:28:49 -0700 (PDT)

And to "help" customers to make their mind, Oracle is charging much higher maintainance cost if clients decide to stay on HP Itanium... with obvious suggestion to migrate to Exadata... I do not think that any technical arguments have any power in this discution...
Mike Navickas
Oracle&DB2 DBA
From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> To: kamusis_at_gmail.com
Cc: greg_at_structureddata.org; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 5:51:28 AM
Subject: Re: Oracle Says Customers Should Draw Their Own Conclusions on Itanium

Disclosure to the court puts them in the public domain. I'm interested to know whether the court also maintains a complete list of disclosed docs from both sides (rather than edited highlights). From where I'm standing Oracle's list is worse than trying to judge a trial based on newspaper reports because of the obvious bias.
hmm - I didn't intend to describe Oracle as worse than News International but...