Re: OT: sheltered little world i live in -> NODB?

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 16:08:51 -0500

I took it more as someone pointing out that not every application is a database application. We as DBA's have a great knowledge of database usage, but there is software out there that does not need a database behind it. And I have seen applications that use Oracle AQ when a simple fifo queue design with a single queue was all that was required to run the entire application.

--
Andrew W. Kerber