RE: oem 11, or 12

From: Michael Schmitt <mschmitt_at_uchicago.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 14:25:07 +0000

I have been pretty happy with 12c since we started rolling it out in our environment. I would suggest spending some time to get the hang of how to setup groups/notifications/new features before you start adding too many targets. We had to start over a couple times to get things like we wanted.

The biggest issue I have had with 12c so far is that our availability notifications are getting sent out after a blackout completes. That is going to cause us to get paged for production systems that use cold backups once we add them.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of ed lewis [eglewis71_at_gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 2:19 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: oem 11, or 12

Hello,

    We're building a new environment with Rac 11g. We also plan to install grid control, version 12.

    Anyone have any experience, gotchas with GC 12 that they can share ?

    thanks

ed lewis
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l