Re: CVE-2012-1675: installing patch for bug 12880299

From: Martin Bach <>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 19:16:47 +0100

Hi Dimitre,

I applied the same patch today to GI and RDBMS home. Found the README next to useless actually. The instructions are not concise as you say, I used the opatch apply -local manually for the RDBMS home. I have been caught out in the past with an unintentional rolling patch and since then ALWAYS use opatch ... -local unless it's some sort of BP or PSU

Also, if you have ACFS mounted there might be additional steps the readme doesn't mention.

My 0.02