Re: Moving Files Via Oracle Procedure

From: Tim Hall <>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 09:55:58 +0100

As far as I see it, your options are:

  1. UTL_FILE can move files using FRENAME. You need to have a directory object for each location referenced.

2) You can call a script or command to do the move (sounds like this is what you are doing):

3) You can use the Java file API to manipulate the files from PL/SQL, rather than a shell script.

4) You could set up an external job using the scheduler to perform an OS command.

Each of these have their pros and cons.