Re: Best option for moving database of server

From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 15:56:03 +0200

Oliver,

what's about shutdown the source DB and just copy it ( scp ) onto the new host? If this match your downtime time-frame, it's probably the easiest way? (you can even do a dry-run to test how long scp will take - no danger here, you just might not be able to open the DB on the target without any preparations)

I'd do it that way if it matches the requirements.

hth
 Martin