Replication - Trigger

From: Paul Harrison <cure_at_austin.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 13:01:08 -0500

Hi All,

I setup one way replication(Source -> Destination). I created a trigger(destination only) on a table that exist within Source and Destination database. I created the trigger on the destination database for audit purpose.

For Example, If I insert into table 'A'. This will replicate from the source to destination database and invoke the trigger on the destination database. The trigger will write the values to an audit table. I want the trigger to be invoked whenever the apply process applies the changes to table 'A'.

I ran the following code on the Destination database but it did not work. Meaning, the apply process did not invoke the trigger.

begin

DBMS_DDL.SET_TRIGGER_FIRING_PROPERTY( trig_owner => 'SCOTT',

trig_name => 'MYSQ10_AFTER_INSERT',

   fire_once => FALSE);

    end;

/