Resolved: ORA-01994: GRANT failed: password file missing or disabled

From: Mandal, Ashoke <ashoke.k.mandal_at_medtronic.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 09:07:55 -0500

Thanks everyone for your response on this issue. I was able to identify the problem. Here is what happened. I had a typo in the soft link created between $ORACLE_HOME/dbs to pfile(/dmasdev1/u01/app/oracle/admin/dmasdev1/pfile) directory.

Incorrect link with extra character d: orapwddmasdev1 -> /dmasdev1/u01/app/oracle/admin/dmasdev1/pfile/orapwddmasdev1

Correct link: orapwdmasdev1 -> /dmasdev1/u01/app/oracle/admin/dmasdev1/pfile/orapwdmasdev1

Once I recreated the soft link by removing the extra character d in password file name it resolved the issue.

Ashoke