OEM12C agent install on a Solaris SPARC 64-bit server

From: Blake Wilson <dasebw_at_uwo.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 16:27:10 -0400

We have the just installed OEM12C agent running on a Solaris 10 zone residing on a Solaris 10 global zone running:

  SunOS gzserv20.its.uwo.pri 5.10 Generic_147440-12 sun4v sparc sun4v

When the agent is running, the lookup of name services on the zone becomes very slow. The zone is configured via /etc/nsswitch.conf to lookup passwd entries on "files ldap", and these lookups can take more than 2 minutes. A /bin/su to a local user can take >2 minutes. Ssh connections to the zone typically timeout.

Restarting ldap_cachemgr and nscd on the zone relieves the problem temporarily, and then it returns. Stopping the OEM agent makes the problem go away.

I have opened a SR with Oracle. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions about where to turn?

Thanks,
Blake Wilson