RE: oracle total recall

From: Tefft, Michael J <Michael.J.Tefft_at_snapon.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 06:29:06 -0500

Thank you very much for your attention and involvement.

I took a look at the sample code. It includes two wrapped packages (dbms_fda_mappings and dbms_fda_import), so those components are not usable as 'sample code' (i.e. I can not produce my own solution using these as examples).

So this solution requires that I have these packages. They are not installed with the database (Enterprise Edition 11.2.0.3); they do not appear in the 'PL/SQL Packages and Types Reference'; and searches for these names via MyOracleSupport or Google turn up nothing.

If I can use the packages delivered with this download, then I can proceed. But the license says things like: - If you use the application you develop under this license for any internal data processing or for any commercial or production purposes, or you want to use the programs for any purpose other than as permitted under this agreement, you must obtain a production release version of the program by contacting us or an Oracle reseller to obtain the appropriate license.
- You may not: ... use the application you develop with the programs for any internal data processing or commercial or production purposes without securing an appropriate license from us;

So, it appears that the only place I can get these packages is from this 'sample code' download. But I am not allowed to actually use them to solve a real problem.

Can you suggest how I can proceed?

Thanks,
Mike