RE: query uses function based index in DEV1 db but does NOT use it in DEV2 db

From: Taylor, Chris David <ChrisDavid.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 12:34:40 -0500

Oracle will often favor a full tablescan when the data you want is spread out across multiple Oracle blocks - so say the table only has 50 Oracle blocks, and your data occupies 45 of them then it's 'cheaper' to do a FTS since it has to read most of the Oracle blocks anyway.

That's the point I was trying to find floating around in my head...

Chris