implement database vault, audit vault and the 'human factor'

From: Manuela Atoui <manuelaout_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 10:34:55 +0300

Dear All,

I'm hoping to get a project where database vault and audit vault should be implemented for a public sector entity. The database vault implementation will take place in department A, audit vault in department B.
The request for that project came from department B, management level. Now, every time we ask a question about the mandatory information about the production database we send our request to department B, the representative asks department A, and we wait 4 weeks for the answer, if we're lucky.

Obviously, the two departments have some difficulties and it could be that the people at department A are not so eager to see the project implemented.

My concern is not the technical implementation, it's about the 'human factor'. I'm currently writing a project management plan and thinking about how can I avoid that employees from department A are jeopardizing the project?

I'm sure some of you have implemented Oracle security in similar circumstances. What was your experience, how do you handle such situations in order to guarantee project success?

Thank you very much for your input and have a nice day

Manuela Atoui