RE: 11.2 CRS with 10g Database

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 07:50:13 -0400

Here is what I do. (I replied privately already before I got this far in the discussion).

I have a 'template' database -- for the repeatable process -- and just use rman duplicate to create a new database... add a new tablespace(s) for taste.

Its repeatable and all the scripts have already been run. Seems to work pretty easily -- a couple of additions like executing a new RMAN configuration, scheduling cron backup... but almost entirely self contained.

ymmv

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546