RE: OMS and Repository Preferences

From: Peter Sharman <pete.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 13:20:24 -0700 (PDT)

Fuzzy greybeard (I love that email address!)

I'm not in sales or legal, and have no quota, so you may choose to disbelieve me if you wish. :)

However, I think the licensing HYPERLINK "http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/license.121/e24474/ch1_introduction.htm#CJADBDCI"doc does make it pretty clear:

    Enterprise Manager includes a restricted-use license of the Oracle Database for use only with the Oracle Management Repository or other complementary repositories included with Enterprise Manager (such as, Real User Experience Insight, Load Testing, and Functional Testing).

    Additional database options or additional servers for disaster recovery require separate licensing. Customers receive one single-instance database with the Cloud Control, or RMAN, repository. To protect the repository with Data Guard, customers need to purchase a license for the standby site. To protect the repository with Oracle Real Application Clusters, customers must license the second node for the database, and both nodes require an Oracle Real Application Clusters license.

    Use of Oracle WebLogic Server with Oracle Enterprise Manager is restricted to the servlet functionality without clustering for the Oracle Management Service (OMS).

    Use of Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder is licensed, as long as a the assemblies are deployed through Enterprise Manager.

    Oracle Enterprise Manager includes restricted use of Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher and Business Intelligence Mobile for use with Enterprise Manager functions and interfaces only.

HTH.   Pete

Pete Sharman

Principal Product Manager

Enterprise Manager Product Suite

33 Benson Crescent CALWELL ACT 2905 AUSTRALIA

Phone: +61262924095 | | Fax: +61262925183 | | Mobile: +61414443449

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not, it's much harder than that!"

Bruce Pihlamae, long term Oracle DBA