RE: Orphan table name in 11g RAC

Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 17:37:30 +0000

I checked the object using data_object_id in dba_objects, and it comes out to the expected table name "ITEMS". Looking at DBA_OBJECTS or DBA_TABLES, I never find table "ITEMS_STAGE". This is using sysdba, case insensitive. The odd thing is that the object_id stated in the AWR / ADDM reports belongs to table ITEMS. From: rjamya [] Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 1:30 PM
Subject: Re: Orphan table name in 11g RAC

is that table created on the fly and then dropped? Also i'd compare against data_object_id instead of object_id. On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 1:12 PM, CRISLER, JON A <<>> wrote: I have a situation in a 11g RAC system, where AWR and ADDM reports show a table name like "ITEMS_STAGE" coming up in various sections like "Segments by DB Blocks Changes". The problem is that this table does not exist ! I found a AWR report that had an object number, and when I queried the object based on object number, it came out to a different object called "ITEMS". Nothing exists in the dba recycle bin either.

The only thing we can think of is that the name ITEMS_STAGE might have been used in a dbms_redefinition task a long time ago, to change the characteristics of the table, but that interim table was delete a very long time ago. Any advice ?