Orphan table name in 11g RAC

From: CRISLER, JON A <JC1706_at_att.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 17:12:34 +0000

I have a situation in a 11g RAC system, where AWR and ADDM reports show a table name like "ITEMS_STAGE" coming up in various sections like "Segments by DB Blocks Changes". The problem is that this table does not exist ! I found a AWR report that had an object number, and when I queried the object based on object number, it came out to a different object called "ITEMS". Nothing exists in the dba recycle bin either.

The only thing we can think of is that the name ITEMS_STAGE might have been used in a dbms_redefinition task a long time ago, to change the characteristics of the table, but that interim table was delete a very long time ago. Any advice ?