Re: Increasing row retrieving speed via net8

From: GG <>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 20:47:35 +0200
Message-ID: <>

Thanks for all valuable comments I did as follows :
  1. Set

DEFAULT_SDU_SIZE=32767 in sqlnet.ora both client and server and check this is negotiated properly via net8 trace and it is .

2. Set on both linux machines:

    net.core.rmem_default = 1048576
    net.core.rmem_max = 1048576
    net.core.wmem_default = 262144
    net.core.wmem_max = 1048576

3. set in sqlnet.ora on both server and client machine: RECV_BUF_SIZE=65536
SEND_BUF_SIZE=65536 and guess what ...
It's not better at all :) my signle session to database is not able to do more than about 2000 kB/s through 100Mbit ethernet network .
The funny thing is I can run parallel sessions from that client and saturate that bandwith but not with 1 net8 session :). There is something realy wrong here and I'm about to blame network Admins because of QoS or something so single session is limited on network layer and I can do nothing about that . (still not confirmed) .

About fetch size , I can do nothing seems like there is hardcoded 136 arraysize and its in pmdtm binary (part of Informatica package) . I'm kind of desperate and when provided with root access try to do some tcpdump and check raw network related stuff maybe I find a clue there .

Received on Thu Apr 12 2012 - 13:47:35 CDT

Original text of this message