Re: Performance metrics

From: Martin Berger <>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 20:34:54 +0200

for me it seams there was a dangerous shortcut between [applications] performance and [database] indicators.
Unfortunately there is no default path for this shortcut. You will have to find your own.
This can be somehow tricky, but as a simple start you have to find the main contributor of DB time to your application. You can then monitor these contributors - if they increase dramatically in amount or time, it will become dangerous.

Another method is to check for the appearance of 'new' waits - this can also be a sign of an unwanted change within your system.

sorry, no simple answer; such as the question also is not simple :-(