Re: 11.1.0.6 + Linux + physical standby

From: kathryn axelrod <kat.axe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 00:09:18 -0700

Hi Mary Elizabeth,

Right now we have an 11.1.0.7 EE RedHat physical standby setup. It's not RAC or ASM, so not 100% what you're looking for, but hopefully still be helpful...

I haven't encountered any gotchas...The only ones I am aware of are the same as any setup - the bugs that exist for each version and product..(including DG specific patchsets).

For standby creation, I typically use a hot backup script or an image copy; but a duplicate (duplicate target database for standby) would work just as well.

Personally, I think the offerings of DG (e.g. fast-start failover) are definitely worth any extra pre-prod testing you may be inclined to perform based on your predecessor's setup.

-k