Re: logical standby and funtion based indexes

From: kathryn axelrod <kat.axe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 23:57:27 -0700

Hi Ed,

Active DG should work as it would be using a physical standby thus eliminating the FBI restriction. That said, Streams might be another (cheaper) option to consider. I can't personally attest to it working with FBIs, but as per the documentation, as of 10.2, it supports them: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14229/whatsnew.htm#i972920