Re: logical standby and funtion based indexes

From: Carlos Sierra <carlos.sierra.usa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 07:23:25 -0400

Ed,
From 259804.1:

Documentation Omission: Logical Standby Database Do Not Support Tables with Function-Based or Descending Indexes

As of Oracle9*i* Release 2, logical standby databases do not support tables with function-based or descending indexes. This information should have been included "Section 4.1.4 Determine Support for Datatypes or Tables" of the *Oracle Data Guard Concepts and Administration *(part number A96653-02) documentation.

There is no work-around for this problem in Oracle9*i* release 9.2. However, the restriction will be lifted in a future release. On 11g, this seems to be different:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e25608/create_ls.htm#i77026

Cheers -- Carlos