Re: RAC private network IP's - 169.254.x.x

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 13:12:24 +0200

Hi Krishna,
I believe this is not correct as GI automatically configures and uses the addresses on 169.254.*.*.
You just need to be sure that nobody else is using that subnet (and as per before mentioned RFC it shouldn't be used by anyone).

Just configure some "valid" subnet for the Interconnect (different from 169.254.*.*).

Regards
Dimitre