Re: RAC private network IP's - 169.254.x.x

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 12:04:38 +0200

Thanks Goran!
One of our customers is using bonding for the private Interconnect (every node has 4 NICs - 2 in bond for the public and 2 for the private network, GI sees bond0 and bond1). Initially separate private vlans were used for the Interconnect and, during an HA test, disabling one of the NICs in bond on one of the nodes completely broke the communication. After that we configured all interfaces used
for the Interconnect in the same pvlan and after rebooting the nodes, all worked well.

This issue is of course different as the customer is using bonding and not GI's HAIP directly
for Interconnect redundancy.

Regards
Dimitre