logical standby and funtion based indexes

From: ed lewis <eglewis71_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 19:17:39 -0400

Hello,

    We've created a logical standby, and discovered issues with tables that have function-based indexes. Its appear the LSB does not use them. This caused the LSB to lag far behind the primary database. This particular DB has over a thousand tables with FBIs.

    To resolve this, we're adding unique indexes to the offending tables that require them. To me, this is not an ideal solution, especially as table volumes grow.

    I'm considering implementing active dataguard, and use this as our reporting DB. I hope to be able to try this in a week or so.

    Hasn't anyone used active dg to resolve the FBI issue ?

    Does anyone have any other solutions ?

    Your feedback is appreciated.

thanks

        ed lewis